1. What did you do in 2012 that you hadn’t done before?
went on a vacation with the whole family including our little boys.
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
3. Did anyone close to you die?
4. Did you travel? Where did you go?
yes, Vegas trip with the husband and 2 trips with the family Maui and Mexico
5. Best thing you bought?
new Nikon D3 full frame camera
6. Where did most of your money go?
camera and gear
7. What do you wish you had done more of?
8. What do you wish you had done less of?
9. What kept you sane?
happy hour with girlfriends/sisters after work on Fridays
10. What drove you mad?
rainy days stuck indoors
11. What made you celebrate?
many things, most of all my brother’s decision to get his life straightened out.
12. What made you sad?
lots of stuff – not accomplishing my weight loss goal was at the top of the list and it’s as real as I’ll get on a survey like this.
13. How was your birthday this year?
low-key I don’t even remember it.
14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?
abortion is always at the top of my list…
15. Were you in love in 2012?
yes and besides my husband my heart grew to know what it is like to love more than one child. I had wondered if it was possible to love your 2nd child as you do your 1st and I found the answer to that is yes.
16. What would you like to have in 2013 that you didn’t have this year?
more exercise and a healthier body
17. What date from 2012 will be etched in your memory and why?
Nov 16th our first time attending a Weekend to Remember Seminar, it made a very big difference in our communication level in our marriage.
18. What song will remind you of 2012?
call me maybe and we are young
19. Compared to this time last year, are you happier?
not sure, I am getting more sleep though, I remember that this time last year I had a 2 month old and was not getting any sleep. 🙂
20. Biggest achievement this year?
I am feeling a lot more competent when shooting in manual and editing with Photoshop CS6
21. Biggest disappointment this year?
not willing to say…
22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?
having a good exercise routine going and having achieved my weight loss goals
23. Best new person you met this year?
My friend Trisha I met her for the first time in March when returning to work after my maternity leave. lovely person.
24. A valuable life lesson you learned this year?
cherish the ones you love, no one promises you tomorrow with them. try to always release anger don’t keep in inside talk/communicate with the ones that you have an issue with. learn from my past mistakes and stop repeating them.
25. How was your health in 2012?
26. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
not very well, and yes I have already made new ones.
27. What countries did you visit?
28. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
29. Did you suffer hardship in 2012?
not true hardships… some difficult times but we have been so blessed that it feels wrong to answer yes in any way to this question. thank you Lord for providing for all of our needs.
30. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my husband really working on communicating with me through words so much more than he used to
31. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I’ve got a horrible habit of holding grudges and not letting go of my anger. it takes me forever to talk through disappointments with the person I’m disappointed in. I wish I handled conflict better. I seem to stick to my pattern no matter how much I want to avoid it. maybe I can do better next year.
32. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
our families trip to Mexico
33. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? i can’t remember the exact circumstances so undecided about this answer but I hope happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner but I had just had a baby last year so that doesn’t count too much
iii. richer or poorer? Definitely richer in every way.
34. How did you spend the New Year’s?
we had a few of our oldest friends, we played cards and just had a very fun time chatting and laughing at old times
35. How many one-night stands?
36. What was your favorite TV program?
37. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
no hate here don’t want any of that in my heart
38. What was the best book you read?
such a great book I should read this every year.
Crazy Love by Francis Chan
39. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
Phil Wickham – love his work
40. What did you want and get?
My Nikon D3, a wide-angle lens and Photoshop CS6
41. What did you want and not get?
A general zoom lens 24-70 mm or 85mm 1.4 lens yeah more photography gear
42. What was your favorite film that you watched this year?
Breaking Dawn episode 2. what can I say I am a Twilight fan and they did a great job on this one
43. What one experience do you never want to repeat from this year?
getting a stomach virus…
44. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
skinny jeans high heels and a loose top
45. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most
none don’t really care
46. Who did you miss?
my cousins in Austria, I miss them dearly especially since for the last few years we’ve been visiting a lot more regularly
|me and two of my cousins who live in Vienna Austria
47. Quote that sums up your year:
Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together. ~Pearl S. Buck
48. Was 2012 a good year for you?
It was an amazing year full of joy some pain but mostly joy.
49. What was your favorite moment of the year?
So many but mostly having to do with my kids… Seth actually holding conversations with us now. Luke sleeping 12 hours at night and being able to hold his own (for the most part) with Seth. they are truly my joy.
50. What was your least favorite moment of the year?
the moments when my kids were sick and I couldn’t easy their pain. they were few thankfully.
51. Where were you when 2012 began?
in my home
52. Who were you with?
Chris and our friends
53. Do you have a new year’s resolution for 2012?
In 2013 I want to lose 15-20 lbs and just enjoy every moment. Not put too much stress on any one thing. try to have more patience, laugh more. love more.
54. What was your favorite month of 2012?
55. What were your favorite songs in 2012?
we are young if I were honest was one of my faves
56. What was your favorite record from 2012?
ugh… I never buy a whole CD anymore so I don’t have a pick
57. How many concerts did you see in 2012?
58. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2012?
not a lot, some!
59. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2012?
60. How many people did you sleep with in 2012?
my one and only!
61. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
yes i hit a bicyclist with my car/ he is ok just a bruised ankle.
62. What was the worst lie someone told you in 2012?
yeah I don’t know I guess nothing too big
63. Did you treat somebody badly in 2012?
I am sure my hubby got some attitude from me
64. Did somebody treat you badly in 2012?
yeah at times… I won’t name names though
65. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2012?
I think same answer from 61 I can’t think of another at the moment.
66. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2012 and change something, what would it be?
yeah not hitting that bicyclist…
67. What are you most looking forward to in 2013?
Summer time with my 3 guys.