DIY – Purse to Camera Bag
For about a year + now I’ve been eyeballing these really awesome bags for my camera.
see here, here and here. and if you want to see a post with all kinds of camera bag options check out this blog post here.
i love that they’re so chic and fashionable.
they don’t scream – I OWN AN EXPENSIVE CAMERA COME ROB ME – especially when traveling.
Of course these beautiful, stylin’ bags come at a pretty steep price $150 and up.
although i’d definitely be willing to pay for one i had a LIGHTBULB
moment. (rare but they happen) 🙂
i thought hmm… i have some really cute purses – what if i were to make my own camera bag/purse?
No sooner did i have this thought then the creative person in me wanted to see it fulfilled.
what would I need to do this? a padded insert of course.
what i thought would be important about the insert:
- small size for my purse
- at least three compartments
1. camera + lens
2. extra lens
3. flash or storage (remote, camera quick reference guide & extra memory cards)
- padded bottom for protection from underneath
- lid with zipper to protect from water damage or anything I may place in the purse
- foldable lid for quick and easy access.
went on amazon
and googled dslr camera inserts and came up with a long list of them.
after some research and reading many reviews i chose this one caled CLIK
what I thought was important about the chosen purse:
- specific size that would allow for the insert + wallet, cell phone + a few small items.(amazon provided measurements so I measured my bag before ordering)
- still in style – don’t want to embarrass myself ya’know…
- a color that would go with most anything i wore
so i decided on this bag-
i use this bag a lot as it is. it is a gray color with gold zippers.
i bought it to take with me on my one month trip through Europe a couple of years ago. i love the over the shoulder strap and that all compartments have zippers. i felt that this would be best – to discourage any would-be thieves.
i was so anxious to see how the insert would fit & look in the bag i could barely wait the 3-5 days for it to arrive. but it did finally arrive and to my pleasant surprise it was everything i had hoped it would be. sometimes when i get excited about a project especially when i’m trying to go a less expensive route and make my own – it ends up somewhat less than perfect.
well here it is
so in the end I saved myself quite a bit of money and got to use a purse i absolutely love.
I have been using the camera bag for a few weeks now and i have found it to be invaluable
i’ll admit that my purse is now a bit heavy for everyday but it encourages me to take my camera most places with me that way i get more practice. i def. need the practice. 😉
I also love that no one knows that i am carting around my dslr (well now some will know) 🙂
* all photos taken with phone camera and edited in camera+
* i used Picasa for the collage